Collect and process patient data
- Patient data can be collected during consultations, treatments or otherwise.
Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
– First and last name
– Date of birth
– Address data
– Phone number
– E-mail address
– citizen service number (BSN)- health and treatment data
– photos of the treated areas and an ID photo
- Purposes are:
- use in the context of the care to be provided (in particular treatment, consultation, medication, referral, transfer);
- use for the monitoring of own quality and the accreditation of practice;
- other purposes, if agreed in advance with the patient.
- Patient data is processed in a proper and careful manner and only for the purposes for which they were or are collected.
- The storage period of these patient files is regulated in the Medical Treatment Contracts Act (WGBO). This states that a practice must keep the data for 15 years.
Processing of general patient data and health data
- Patients are informed about the collection and processing of data by practitioners at the first registration of the patient in practice.
- General patient data is only processed in practice if one of the following conditions is met:
- the patient has given permission for the processing (oral or written);
- processing is necessary for the provision of cosmetic care to the patient;
- processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- processing is necessary to combat serious danger to the health of the patient.
- Health data from the patient is only processed by your doctor or healthcare institutions, to the extent that this is necessary for the supervision of proper treatment or care of the patient;
Organization of information security
Rimpelconsult guarantees the following measures to ensure that patient data is treated with care:
- All patient data is covered by the physician’s duty of confidentiality;
- Patient data is not saved longer than necessary; medical data is in principle stored for fifteen years, or as long as reasonably necessary to be able to deliver responsible care;
- Only your doctor has access to the (digital) data files of the practice; to this end, computers are provided with a password.
- Third parties only have access to the data if this is necessary in connection with observation or with legal requirements for testing the quality of the practice and will sign a confidentiality agreement at the same time.
- Individual personal data may only be shared with third parties if the patient gives explicit written permission, such as
- Sending mail, WhatsApp or other digital means of communication
- the use of medical data for educational purposes.
- Sending medical information to other doctors
Rights of the patient
- The patient is entitled to inspect all data collected and processed about him;
- The patient is entitled to a copy of the data collected and processed about him or her; the practice provides a copy after a request from the patient and the practice may request a reasonable reimbursement for this;
- The patient may request the addition and / or correction of the collected and processed data, insofar as these are incomplete and / or factually incorrect;
- The patient may request removal or limited use of the collected and processed data if proven false;
- Right of inspection or copy and requests for supplementation, correction, restricted use or removal can be refused by the practice insofar as this is necessary to protect a substantial interest of another person (including the protection of that person’s privacy) and / or in case custody is required on the basis of a (statutory) prescription;
- If the patient thinks that these regulations are not or not sufficiently adhered to in practice, he or she can submit a complaint to the practice (zie klachtenprocedure op de website);
- Where the patient can not represent himself, the legal representative enters his or her place.