After a treatment with Botulinum A toxin, it is wise to:
- The first two hours use no makeup because there are small puncture holes.
- The first 2 to 4 hours after the treatment not lie down or bend over.
- The first 24 hours avoid a visit to the sauna.
- Clean the skin with the products you normally use (no scrubbing).
- Smear any blue spots with a high sun protection factor because under the influence of sun blue spots can turn into pigment spots.
- Not massaging the treated area for the first 24 hours
After 2 to 7 days the Botox starts to work. With 10 to 14 days, the result is optimum. After 1 to 2 weeks I’ll see you back for a checkup. This is to evaluate if you and I both are satisfied. A possibly necessary touch-up is for free.
After a treatment with Botox, you may experience a number of direct consequences:
- a bruised sensation in the treated area,
- tingling and a stiff or heavy feeling in the forehead. Some people experience this as a slight headache.
- when handling the chin or lift the corners of the mouth it can occur that it has a slight effect on the lower lip.
The above-mentioned side effects are considered as normal and limited to the first two weeks after the treatment and pull away by itself.
The effect of a botulinum treatment lasts in average for 3 months or more, but differs individually.
When do you need to contact the clinic
You call the clinic directly if one of these complications occur:
- Fever higher than 38 degrees.
- Continuously bleeding, where pressing the gauze does not help.
- Abnormal swelling, pus, warm skin and a painful throbbing sensation.
You then call us at number 020-4231303, and you will always have your doctor directly on the phone.