After the treatment with PRP I advise you:
- Do not apply make-up for the first 2 to 4 hours after treatment because there are small puncture holes.
- The first 24 hours to avoid a visit to the sauna.
- Clean the skin with the products you normally use.
- To apply on any blue spots a high sun protection factor cream, because under the influence of sun blue spots can become pigment spots.
- After the first treatment I see you back after 4 to 8 weeks for a follow-up appointment for the second treatment. The third treatment is then 4-8 weeks later.
- Repeat treatments to maintain the effect every 6 months, usually a single treatment is sufficient.
What can you start to feel after a treatment with PRP
- The area where you have been treated is slightly swollen and red and feels fair. This disappears in the majority of treatments within 12 hours.
- Bruising may occur from the time of treatment.
- Blue spots remain visible for about a week for most people. Sometimes it happens, however, that the bruises only disappear after two weeks.
- The first week after treatment, some swelling may persist. The final result is a process of several months.
When should you contact the clinic
You call the clinic if the following complications occur:
- Fever higher than 38 degrees.
- Continuous bleeding, where pressing with gauzes does not help.
- Abnormal swelling, pus formation and a throbbing painful feeling.
You then call our emergency number 020-4231303, and you will always immediately get your doctor on the phone.