Aftercare PDO threads
What can you expect after the treatment?
- Avoid heavy sports for the first 48 hours, use the sauna or expose the treated area to a lot of sunlight or sunbed.
- The first days after the treatment, you can feel some stiffness of the wires and barbs can make creaking noises when yawning and eating.
- The first hours after the procedure, there may be some swelling and redness. This is transient and does not affect the intended effect. That effect is only achieved after 2-3 months after the procedure. With the barbs a direct lifting effect is seen by tightening itself.
- Avoid the first 2 weeks direct pressure on the face and especially where the threads are placed (Example: sleeping on your face, known as the face-down position, etc.)
- You can wash your hair and face. Be careful when washing your hair near the area where the wires have been placed.
- Limit extreme movements of the face to a minimum for at least three weeks (think of excessive chewing (gum), yawning, smiling, and other facial movements during this period).
If you have a question or want further advice after treatment, you can always contact your doctor at no. 020-4231303, preferably between 11.00 and 24.00 hours; in case of emergency, of course also outside of these times.